I am sure that all of us can identify with the word Faith in some way or another. Many of us have heard various phrases such as “Keeping the faith” or “You need to have faith”. There are also different perspectives about this term among people that are religious and people that do not identify with any religion or are agnostic.
Christianity is the world’s largest form of religion and is comprised of people that have a common belief that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the son of God and the savior of the world. A Christian is a person that believes in Jesus Christ and his teachings. The Bible Verse that best summarizes the Bible teachings and the basic belief of a Christian can be found in the KJV John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
As many people do, identify myself as a Christian and though I have never seen Jesus with my own eyes or have been able to verify with certain tangible evidence of his existence, I do believe he lived on this earth and had a body of flesh and blood and is truly the only begotten son of God. My belief is that Jesus died on a cross for all our sins and is the only perfect human being to walk this earth.
In my opinion the word Faith, is at the very crux of the matter when it comes to which general position you take on religion. To begin with, in most cases people that agree with this definition, tend to be religious and have a type of belief system in a higher power of the world. There are other people however that do not subscribe to this philosophy and usually require a kind of proof or scientific evidence to support a question or idea.
Prayer for example, or the communication with our heavenly father is great example of how Faith is often exercised. When people pray to God and ask for something to happen, they are mostly likely communicating with a divine figure that they have never seen or heard from in a traditional sense. The belief that their words or concerns are heard and will be recognized is a form of faith.
Christianity is the world’s largest form of religion and is comprised of people that have a common belief that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the son of God and the savior of the world. A Christian is a person that believes in Jesus Christ and his teachings. Now I, as many people do, identify myself as a Christian and though I have never seen Jesus with my own eyes or have been able to verify with certain tangible evidence of his existence, I do believe he lived on this earth and had a body of flesh and blood and is truly the only begotten son of God. My belief is that Jesus died on a cross for all our sins and is the only perfect human being to walk this earth.
Now for the faith part, again there are many stories, books, drawings, conversations and opinions on exactly who Jesus Christ is and his purpose or importance in our human history. Where do I choose to gain an understanding of this? Is there a good resource or tool that can help someone understand who Jesus Christ is and what he did for us on this earth? If you are a person that has faith and identifies as a Christian, then the most common answer is the Bible.
The Bible is a collection books with writings, texts, scriptures, verses that are of divine revelation. I believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. The following 34 pages include all the Bible Verses About Faith in the King James Version of the Bible.
20 Best Bible Verses about Faith
- My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. – Numbers 12:7
- Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; -Deuteronomy 7:9
- And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith. -Deuteronomy 32:20
- And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever. -1 Samuel 2:35
- Then Ahimelech answered the king, and said, And who is so faithful among all thy servants as David, which is the king’s son in law, and goeth at thy bidding, and is honorable in thine house? -1 Samuel 22:14
- The LORD render to every man his righteousness and his faithfulness; for the LORD delivered thee into my hand to day, but I would not stretch forth mine hand against the LORD’s anointed. -1 Samuel 26:23
- I am one of them that are peaceable and faithful in Israel: thou seekest to destroy a city and a mother in Israel: why wilt thou swallow up the inheritance of the LORD? -2 Samuel 20:19
- Moreover they reckoned not with the men, into whose hand they delivered the money to be bestowed on workmen: for they dealt faithfully. -2 Kings 12:15
- Howbeit there was no reckoning made with them of the money that was delivered into their hand, because they dealt faithfully. -2 Kings 22:7
- And he charged them, saying, Thus shall ye do in the fear of the LORD, faithfully, and with a perfect heart. -2 Chronicles 19:9
- And brought in the offerings and the tithes and the dedicated things faithfully: over which Cononiah the Levite was ruler, and Shimei his brother was the next. -2 Chronicles 31:12
- And the men did the work faithfully: and the overseers of them were Jahath and Obadiah, the Levites, of the sons of Merari; and Zechariah and Meshullam, of the sons of the Kohathites, to set it forward; and other of the Levites, all that could skill of instruments of music. -2 Chronicles 34:12
- That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many. -Nehemiah 7:2
- And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous: -Nehemiah 9:8
- And I made treasurers over the treasuries, Shelemiah the priest, and Zadok the scribe, and of the Levites, Pedaiah: and next to them was Hanan the son of Zaccur, the son of Mattaniah: for they were counted faithful, and their office was to distribute unto their brethren. -Nehemiah 13:13
- For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue. -Psalms 5:9
- Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. -Psalms 12:1
- O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. -Psalms 31:23
- Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. -Psalms 36:5
- I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation. -Psalms 40:10