itcoin BTC and cryptocurrency prices have collapsed through 2022, with the bitcoin price losing almost 70% from its all-time high set late last year.
Subscribe now to Forbes’ CryptoAsset & Blockchain Advisor and successfully navigate the volatile bitcoin and crypto market
The bitcoin price has this week climbed back over the psychological $20,000 per bitcoin level despite crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried issuing a serious warning.
Now, survey data has revealed the average cryptocurrency user expects the bitcoin price to bounce to around $38,000 over the next six months.
Want to stay ahead of the market and understand the latest crypto news? Sign up now for the free CryptoCodex—A daily newsletter for traders, investors and the crypto-curiousMORE FROM FORBESCrypto ‘The Biggest Ponzi Scheme In Human History’-China Blockchain Execs Back Bill Gates And Warren Buffett After Huge Bitcoin Price CrashBy Billy Bambrough
The bitcoin price could be set for a break out according to a new bitcoin price prediction.SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images
Crypto owners expect bitcoin to bounce back to around $38,000 before the end of 2022 according to a survey of roughly 4,400 U.S. adults conducted by intelligence company Morning Consult that found the average crypto owner remains highly optimistic about a bitcoin rebound despite the recent price crash.
The survey showed that bitcoin and crypto holders are much more optimistic than the general public, with those who own bitcoin consistently predicting the price will be higher than it is.
Many bitcoin and crypto investors have continued to make bullish bitcoin price predictions even as a brutal crypto crash erased around $2 trillion worth of value from the combined crypto market.
Earlier this week, former stockbroker Jordan Belfort, whose financial crimes through the 1990s inspired the movie The Wolf of Wall Street, predicted the bitcoin price will “almost certainly” climb over the next three to five years.
“Cryptocurrency owners’ optimism may well prove to be misplaced as we enter what the CEO of Coinbase recently described as a ‘crypto winter,'” Morning Consult analysts wrote. “As the price of bitcoin tumbles, many owners may well reconsider their positions.”
Last month, Brian Armstrong, the chief executive of major bitcoin and crypto exchange Coinbase, warned a looming global recession could exacerbate a prolonged crypto price downturn.
“We appear to be entering a recession after a 10-plus year economic boom. A recession could lead to another crypto winter, and could last for an extended period,” Armstrong wrote in a June email to Coinbase staff. “While it’s hard to predict the economy or the markets, we always plan for the worst so we can operate the business through any environment.”
Sign up now for CryptoCodex—A free, daily newsletter for the crypto-curiousMORE FROM FORBES’Crash Potential’-Crypto Billionaire Issues Stark Warning As The Price Of Bitcoin And Ethereum ReboundBy Billy Bambrough
The bitcoin price has fallen away from owners’ expectations over the last six months.Morning Consult
The researchers also warned that if those that have been holding bitcoin for at least three years sell it could “incentivize” others to cash out, further pushing down the price.
“Those that have been invested for at least three years will still be in the black if they choose to sell at the current low price, and increasing volatility may incentivize others to consider cashing out moving forward,” the analysts added.
Past Published Articles:
- UK Unveils Comprehensive Plan to Become Global Crypto Hub With Dynamic Regulation – Regulation Bitcoin News
- NFT Sales Increased by 34% This Week, Azuki Takes Top Sales, NFT Interest Remains Low – Markets and Prices Bitcoin News
- Close to 250 Casascius Physical Bitcoins Were Redeemed in 6 Months, $1.9B in BTC Remain Active – Featured Bitcoin News
- The Tale of the Dormant Wallet With Close to 80,000 BTC From Mt Gox – Featured Bitcoin News
- Northern Data’s Bitcoin Mining Fleet Adds 21,000 ASIC Rigs, Firm Holds $168M in Crypto Assets – Mining Bitcoin News
- CAKE Hits $10, as DOGE Rises for a Second Consecutive Session – Market Updates Bitcoin News
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Takes Stake in Twitter — Analyst Says It Could Lead to a Buyout – Featured Bitcoin News
- Game Developer Group States Using NFTs in Gaming Presents Ethical Issues – Bitcoin News
- Chinese Messaging App Wechat Reportedly Suspends Accounts Linked to NFTs – Metaverse Bitcoin News
- Bexplus Offers 100x Leverage Crypto Trading and Doubles Your Deposit – Press release Bitcoin News
- Indonesian Government Sets Crypto Tax at 0.1% to Be Levied Starting in May – Taxes Bitcoin News
- Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against Binance for Allegedly Selling Unregistered Crypto Securities – Exchanges Bitcoin News
- JPMorgan Sees Limited Upside for Crypto Markets – Markets and Prices Bitcoin News
- 3 Lessons Web 3.0 Can’t Afford to Ignore – Sponsored Bitcoin News
- European Inflation Skyrockets to Record 7.5% — ECB Chief Lagarde Expects Energy Prices to ‘Stay Higher for Longer’ – Economics Bitcoin News
- Average Ethereum Gas Fee Jumps to $20 per Transfer, L2 Fees Follow Rise – Altcoins Bitcoin News
- TrueUSD and Balancer Offer Liquidity Providers TUSD and BAL Rewards From Stablecoin Pool Incentive Program – Press release Bitcoin News
- Kazakhstan Auditors Go After Crypto Miners Accused of Exploiting Tax Benefits –