Spider-Man: No Way Home is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man. The film is being co-produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios and will be distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is intended to be the follow-up to Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019), as well as the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s 27th film (MCU). Jon Watts directed the film, which was written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers. Tom Holland stars as Peter Parker / Spider-Man alongside Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jon Favreau, Jacob Batalon, Marisa Tomei, J. B. Smoove, Benedict Wong, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx. In the film, Parker seeks the assistance of Stephen Strange in order to conceal his identity as Spider-Man once more, which leads to a perilous alternative.
As early as 2017, during the production of Homecoming, a third MCU Spider-Man film was planned. By August 2019, negotiations between Sony and Marvel Studios to amend their deal — under which they co-produce the Spider-Man films — had resulted in Marvel Studios withdrawing from the project. However, a month later, in response to negative fan reaction, the two companies struck a new deal. At that time, Watts, McKenna, Sommers, and Holland were scheduled to return. Filming began in New York City in October 2020 and moved to Atlanta later that month. During filming, it was revealed that Foxx and Molina would appear in the film, reprising their roles from previous Spider-Man films. The title was revealed in February 2021, prior to the conclusion of filming in late March.
Spider Man: No Way Home Trailer
Spider Man: No way Home Release Date
In the United States, Spider-Man: No Way Home is scheduled to be released on December 17, 2021. It was originally scheduled for release on July 16, 2021, but was delayed to November 5, 2021, before being pushed back to December 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be included in the MCU’s Phase Four. Sony and CJ 4DPlex announced a deal in August 2021 to release 15 of Sony’s films in the ScreenX format over a three-year period, including No Way Home.
Sony signed a deal with Disney in April 2021 to allow them to stream their legacy content, including previous Spider-Man films and Marvel content within the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters, on Disney+ and Hulu, as well as on Disney’s linear television networks. Disney would gain access to Sony’s titles following their release on Netflix.
Spider Man: No way Home Cast
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Benedict Wong as Wong: A Master of the Mystic Arts and Strange’s mentor and friend.
- Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn / Green Goblin
- Zendaya as MJ: Parker’s classmate and girlfriend. Her full name is Michelle Jones.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange
- Jon Favreau as Harold “Happy” Hogan: The head of security for Stark Industries and former driver and bodyguard of Tony Stark who looks after Parker.
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds: Parker’s best friend. Batalon lost 102 pounds (46 kg) for his role in this film.
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker: Parker’s aunt.
- J. B. Smoove as Julius Dell: Parker’s teacher.
- Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius / Doctor Octopus
- Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon / Electro