World Food Day 2021: In order to mark the anniversary of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations, every year, World Food Day is celebrated across the globe on October 16. This day aims at tackling global hunger and striving to eradicate hunger across the world.
World Food Day 2021: Date and History
Every year, we celebrate World Food Day to appreciate the amazing food we eat, but also to tackle world hunger. This day is celebrated on October 16, which marks the creation of FAO in 1945.
World Food Day was established in November 1979, suggested by former Hungarian Minister of Agriculture and Food Dr Pal Romany. It is celebrated by more than 150 countries around the world.
World Food Day 2021: Theme
On this occasion, the authorities come up with a new theme for World Food Day every year, revolving around agriculture, food and investments to increase production of food products. While last year, the theme was ‘Grow, nourish, sustain. Together. Our actions are our future’, World Food Day 2021 theme is yet to be revealed.
In 2019, the theme was ‘Zero Hunger’, with the aim of making sustainable and healthy diets affordable and available to all.
- World Postal Day 2021 Theme in English
- Doctors Day 2021 Wishes Quotes Collection
- Sorry Status in Hindi | Status Collection for Whatsapp
- World Music Day 2021 Quotes: Significance, history and Messages
- World Picnic Day 2021: Wishes, History, Significance, Quotes, Images and How to Celebrate
- Father’s Day 2021: Essay and Speech in English
- World Environment Day 2021 Theme and Slogan
- Amazon memorial day deals 2021
- Essay on World Environment Day 2021 | Theme
- Earth Day 2021 Theme: Essay, Speech, About, Significance, and Date